Helping Hand College Guidance Newsletter
The UC News on the SAT/ACT
For students applying for Fall 2022 admission, all UC campuses will not review test scores during the admission process.
Reminder for Students Admitted to the UC
- Remember to send your final high school transcript with the graduation date by July 1st. Electronic submission is the preferred method.
- Transfer students must forward all college transcripts regardless of dates attended and the number of credits accumulated by July 1st. In addition, colleges may request a high school transcript.
Personal Insight Questions for the Fall 2022 UC Application
At this time, the University of California is not anticipating changes on this part of the application.
The Deadline for the Upcoming UC Transfer Admission Guarantee Program (aka TAG) for the Fall 2022 Application.
- UC Berkeley, UCLA, and UCSD do not take part in the TAG program.
- TAG applications are open from September 1st, 2021 until September 30th, 2021, for the Fall 2022 application.
- TAG can guarantee admission to only one UC campus.
- Participating in the TAG program does not prohibit students from making an application to other UC campuses. If a student gains admission to their TAG school, they are not obliged to attend and can commit to another university. This situation is a win-win.
- TAG requirements for each UC can vary. The minimum GPA differs for each UC campus, as well as the program-specific majors that are available to TAG applicants. Applicants should check these requirements carefully.
- The link for further information is : https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/transfer-requirements/transfer-admission-guarantee-tag.html
Some news articles worth reading:
Is It Harder to Get Into College in 2021? – WSJ
Colleges and universities plan for normal-ish campus life in the fall | PBS NewsHour
Pandemic scrambles college admissions, with new test-optional rules and surge in applications – The Washington Post
College Counseling by Helping Hand College Guidance
Our college counselors at Helping Hand College Guidance are highly experienced in helping freshman, transfer, and international students navigate the road to college admission. We can assist you in obtaining the best admission results possible through our college essay writing program, application assistance, curriculum planning, and by designing a list of target schools. We offer 5-hour packages, 10-hour packages, 20-hour packages, and hourly rates. Please contact us at Top Private College Counseling Los Angeles – College Counselor Los Angeles – Contact (helpinghandcollegeguidance.com) or reach us by phone at 310-733-8433 for further information.
College admissions, college application essay writing, UC, freshman, transfer, international students, SAT/ACT, Helping Hand College Guidance, College Counselor Los Angeles, Transfer Admission Guarantee Program (TAG)