Pam Ohriner – Phone: (310) 733-8433
The college application process has changed dramatically over the years and grown increasingly more competitive with an ever-growing array of higher education options. State budget cuts have resulted in both high school and community college counselors having to handle a much larger student caseload than in the past. This has unfortunately reduced the amount of personal attention they can provide to individual students to truly maximize their college process.
Many transfer students feel all alone and overwhelmed in navigating how to successfully transfer colleges. They may not have access to the personalized college counseling they need to effectively transfer college credits, understand requirements, present a compelling college application, and write top-notch personal statements.
International students also may have difficulty obtaining the knowledgeable college guidance they require when applying to American schools from abroad. As a foreign applicant, the American college process can be confusing and complex. Helping Hand College Guidance serves as expert college advisors, providing the unwavering support, information, motivation, and professional guidance to give you the best chance of admission to the school of your dreams.
Here are the 7 reasons why you should consider hiring a private college admissions consultant:
- We can serve as a buffer between student and parents during this stressful time. College application time and senior year are filled with the pressure of testing, deadlines, and the uncertainty of the future. A private college counselor can be an intermediary and help to avoid possible confrontation between students and parents. Do you really want to be nagging your child about deadlines during their senior year?
- We can provide organization of tasks, make certain no deadlines are missed, stay on top of required testing (creating a preparation plan), and develop a sound admission strategy. With a step by step plan in place, the once intimidating admission process now feels conquerable and manageable.
- Private college counselors can offer an objective opinion on application essays and can spend considerable hours brainstorming essay topics, perfecting them through multiple drafts. Helping Hand College Guidance can help you find your own unique story that provides a window into your soul, revealing your true character and assets.
- As private college counselors, we at Helping Hand College Guidance provide one-on-one support and guidance to help you understand the college process. We break it down into simple manageable steps, identifying your goals and the steps you must take to achieve them. We invest the time in making sure that your college list includes schools that are a good fit, academically, financially, and personally.
- A college advisor can open up your eyes to new colleges you would not have otherwise considered. Many students seem to be applying to the same few schools. In reality, there are over 2,000 four-year colleges. Why not look beyond the obvious? There are many hidden gems out there and one of them might be your perfect fit. A private college admissions consultant that visits a multitude of campuses can present new possibilities for you to consider.
- We can present a reality check on your college list. By using relevant data and our experience, we can also help assess a student’s chances of admission. The reality in college admissions is that most highly selective schools have far more qualified applicants than spaces available. Every year thousands of students are rejected from schools at which they are qualified and could succeed. Helping Hand College Guidance can help ensure that your college list is realistic and will result in acceptances by helping to construct a broad balanced best-fit list.
- Private college counselors can aid in minimizing the need to transfer colleges. By working hard to determine a student’s best-fit schools, private college counselors aim to get it right the first time and prevent having to transfer universities. Staying at the university where a student starts inevitably saves money and time. Students that transfer colleges are at risk of losing credits and taking longer to graduate.
Helping Hand College Guidance provides private college counseling services that include comprehensive packages, multiple hour plans, and individually tailored packages to meet student’s needs. We work with freshman, transfer, and international students to give them the best chance of admission at the colleges of their choice. Whether a student is Ivy League bound or has struggled academically, we work diligently to help them fulfill their goals. Students with lower GPA’s have more options than they might believe. Contact us today for a free one half hour phone consultation. Let us assist you on your exciting educational journey!